INTRODUCING WOMEN’S ROGAINE® 5% MINOIXIDIL TOPICAL FOAM
The Only FDA Approved Once Daily Foam For Women
• 2 Large scale, long term phase 3 studies demonstrate results
• More than 80% of Women studied experienced hair regrowth1
• New hair grew up to 48% thicker than before2
1. Results based on 6 month clinical study of once daily use of WOMEN’S ROGAINE® 5% Minoxidil Topical Aerosol vs. Placebo
2. Based on mean hair strand diameter
Results Over A 24 Week Period (of using Women’s ROGAINE® FOAM)
Fact Is, 30 Million Women In America Will Experience Hair Loss.
While both male and Female Pattern Hair Loss are caused by a combination of genetics, hormones and the aging process, the pattern in women differs from that seen in men. Female Pattern Hair Loss (FPHL) typically involves a more diffused thinning of the hair on top of the head rather than the more defined frontal and vertex loss seen in Male Pattern Hair Loss (MPHL).
Other forms of hair loss also exist which may be symptoms of stress, pregnancy, medication side-effects, or autoimmune disorders. Cases of hair loss from these causes typically follow a different pattern and progress differently than FPHL or MPHL.
Understanding Your Female Pattern Hair Loss Patients
Initial hair loss consultations may be a difficult office visit. Understand that a patient who is experiencing Female Pattern Hair Loss may be emotional as this condition is very hard to accept. Women may be reluctant to initiate the conversation. The psychological consequences of hair loss can be very damaging, with some studies reporting that 63% of female patients* actually feel depressed or despondent.1 You, as a trusted expert, can play a key role in helping patients re-gain confidence through an approach of empathy, honesty, and encouragement.
1. Cash TF et al.: Psychological effects or androgenetic alopecia on women. Comparisons with balding men and female control subjects. J Am Acad Dermatol 1993; 29:568-75
Suggested Tactics Might Include:
Clinical honesty – Be specific with factual diagnosis but employ a soft delivery.
Be insightful to the condition - Detail the cause and effects of the hair loss condition of each patient.
Stress the importance of consistency and long-term commitment for patients with hereditary hair loss.
Build a timetable to review the stages of hair re-growth and recovery. Set realistic Milestones